Friday, September 24, 2010

my outfit: casual friday!

So this week has been, ummmm, how do I say it... "interesting?" No, that would be giving it too much credit. "Challenging?" Well, maybe, but not quite. "Forgetable?" Sure, but that barely scratches the surface. "Un-bearable?" I wouldn't go THAT far, but you are getting the picture. "Character-Building?" Perhaps, but I don't want character if this is the cost. "Silly?" Actually, yes, I am going to go with "silly."

Silly is about right, because my husband is not fighting for our country while his brilliant wife holds down the fort and looks damn good doing it, I am not living with Karen's zest for life while also battling a terrible disease, and I sure as heck didn't narrowly escape a bear attack. My challenges are quite silly at times, but they still bring this gal to her knees. Whew. I'm looking forward to Monday, just for the fresh start at this point!


When I told you last week that every gal needed a slightly refined yet super deluxe comfy top in her arsenal. I meant it. I snagged this at Forever 21 and have pretty much worn it, hmmm, I'll just say "a lot" over the past week. I think I already got my $17 or so out of it.


I will tell you... it's perfect for cold and wet soccer games, naps, visits to the apple orchard, before bed, after bed, making dinner, after dinner, after church, watching tv, running to the grocery store or making an apple pie. Any and all of those scenarios and more. Promise.


And while it's slouchy and meant to be oversized - I still feel fairly chic and not sloppy in it. Also, I had to do a little close up on these jeans. Me and these jeans get along. We really, really do. Also I need a manicure - eep! I hope where ever you are you can enjoy a little casual friday too!

Details:
Top, Forever 21
Jeans, Gap
Clogs, UGG


 

site design by kiki co.