Monday, September 13, 2010

my outfit: blazer & tennies!

I am endlessly inspired by JCrew - and although that seems so cliche these days it doesn't make it less true. JCrew is just very inspiring lately... especially for refined casual wear. Which is right up my alley. I love to spend time perusing their catalogs and inspirations online. The gal on their landing page had-me-at-hello with this outfit. Blazer + tennies? Sure!


So I thought I would recreate something similar from what I already owned...


Do you think that JCrew would mind being called the number one knocked off looks of 2010? Because I glean a lot of inspiration from them. It's likely better than "most knocked off watch" or "most knocked off purse." Inspiration is much better knocked off than real brand names. No?



I digress... any way, on first glance it seemed like the sweet JCrew lady above was leaping. So I tried to "knock" that off as well. Turns out one should look before they leap, err, knock off. On second glance I think she is just standing on her super tippy toes and on first glance I think I look crazy. Pretty sure.


But who doesn't love a little crazy now and then?

Details:
Blazer, Gap (similar)
Scarf, Cost Plus World Market (similar)
Tee, Target (similar)
Jeans, F21 (similar)
Belt, Gap
Tennies, Superga (I got mine at GILT for cheaper!)

10 comments:

Maria said...

oooh jill, i love every single piece in this outfit and looks totally realistic in terms of out and about with the kiddos, great inspiration

Kelly said...

Absolutely love this outfit! So cute, stylish and practical! I am going to my closet right now to see if I can recreate it! :)

Linda Rose said...

you're so cute! i love this! and i too agree that j crew is so inspiring! i'm totally into copying them! ha!

Laura said...

I love the jumping picuture! Thank you so much for sharing. Also the outfit is great; you always look so amazing. Love your blog!

Jackie said...

I like the idea of pairing a blazer with sneakers. I just bought my first blazer (I was anti for awhile, but have grown to like them). It is a Banana Republic one I got at a thrift store for $4! Major score.

Marissa said...

Though they are similar, I actually like your oufit better!

S.E.Minegar said...

You captured the look dead on. I just got a pair of those matchstick jeans this weekend (JCREW) and they will be worn daily!

Your jumping pose is my favorite.

milk tea + polkadots said...

What a comfy yet stylish outfit! Love the scarf!! Hmm... now I wanna check out World Market.

Dobbygirl said...

Love the jumping pose! Very cute look and very kid friendly for sure!

shealennon said...

I absolutely love this look and your interpretation of it. It's just so fun!


 

site design by kelly christine studio