Wednesday, August 25, 2010

my outfit: fall preview!

This past weekend I spent a rainy morning raiding my closet and getting excited about fall... I played "dress up" big time to get a feel for what I already had in my closet for fall before I got TOO excited about buying more for fall. I think the 30/30 Challenge has made me more disciplined (success!). My fall shopping list seems about a mile long... not good. I wanted to dig into what I had first to make sure it didn't get shoved to the back of the closet with the new. This week I'll show you all my fun "existing" fall looks - then hopefully in the coming weeks I'll mix in some new as well!


This is a perfect casual fall outfit. I am still debating having the tailor take these pants in at the leg a bit... slimmer cargos are more popular this season and I don't see myself actually buying a new pair of cargos - so it may be worth the $10 to have these spruced up a bit. Otherwise they are fun rolled up too. Do you love cargos for fall? See how I styled them up in the fall looks:book!

On an extra chilly day this would be perfect with a cozy scarf or denim jacket. I just LOVE these UGG clogs, I never want to take them off!

Instead of layering necklaces... I just layered some bracelets this time. I just loooove accessories. I have them on my fall shopping list too. I can't wait to hit Charlotte Russe and Forever 21 for more bracelets, necklaces and more. What would I do without those two stores?

Wrap Sweater, JCrew
Cargos, Old Navy
Clogs, UGG
Bracelets, Forever 21
Necklace, Forever 21

Steal this look!


LifestyleBohemia said...

Lovely outfit! I especially love the clogs. I am all about layering bracelets!

mskimmi said...

Really love this casual look! Just wondering - do you or would you ever do a plus size special edition?? I like the styles, but since I can't really shop at a lot of the stores you mention, I find myself struggling to find chic plus sized alternatives. Just an idea for some of us bigger girls out here who love style but struggle with execution due to limited options!!

kristen said...

You look so great! Love the accessories. Have you done a post about how you organize all your jewelry? I started trying to organize all my jewelry yesterday and got stuck on a pretty way to store or display all my bracelts.

karen★ said...

You look beautiful! This is the perfect outfit for just fits the whole "I can pull of the hot mom" thing & I can't wait to pair my cargos with a wrap cardi like this. If you do decide to have the pants tailored, I think that would be so cute...but you're absolutely right...rolled is great too.

3 CHEERS FOR F21 & CR FOR THEIR INEXPENSIVE JEWELRY!!! (otherwise, i wouldn't have any!)

Dawn said...

I was just going to ask if you loved the clogs...but you answered that question! They are on my fall list for sure!!

dear kate said...

so cozy! great look!

jill said...

jill, have you tried the skinny cargos at target?

they're super cute and very reasonable ($21.99).

love the outfit - i think you should keep these cargos as wide legs. i love them rolled.


site design by kelly christine studio