Tuesday, August 10, 2010

my outfit: 27/30!

30 for 30 Banner

There have been points along the way of this Challenge that I say a little prayer before I enter my closet. "Please make these 30 items some how morphed, please give me the strength to put them on again, please make me not sick of them." And then voila! I unearthed a top I hadn't even worn yet. Shame on me!

See that smile... it says... "really, only three more days?"



Here is day-time sequins at it's best... This scarf grounded the sequins a bit, because in most circumstances sequins wouldn't be completely appropriate for the grocery store with two kids in tow. But this seemed to work.



Have you done the day-time sequin look yet? If so, how do you keep it real?

Details:
Top, F21
Jeans, F21
Scarf, gift from Anthropologie
Sandals, F21
Wrap Bracelet, F21

10 comments:

LifestyleBohemia said...

This is my kind of outfit! Simple white tank and jeans with a cute colorful scarf - love it!
xx

Cathy said...

I love this look! It's very fresh! I have a gray sequin tank, similar to this one, that I wear with a simple cotton white, breezy skirt and flat silver sandals. Simple is the key to pulling off daytime sequins:)

M.O.T.B said...

I pair sequins with more casual accesories and shoes. A casual ribbed tank, jeans and a sequin belt.

MerciBlahBlah said...

You. Look. CUTE.

It's funny - I wear sequins more and more during the day - espesh to the office. I have a gold sequin Alice & Olivia dress that is OBVIOUSLY a dressy dress, but I have worn it to the office with one of The Hubs' button down white shirts, knotted at the waist, a black tuxedo jacket with the sleeves rolled up, lots of bling and some platform booties. I love that outfit.

Is it probably too much for the office? Yeah, but it's fo sho I can't dress like that chasing three 2-year olds around at home, so I'll get my sequin on whenever I can, mama!!!

Merci,
Shan

dear kate said...

this is such a simple, slenderizing look! i love it! and the scarf! adorable! good work!
katie

milk tea + polkadots said...

Ooh..love the wrap bracelet!

Angeline said...

I don't have any sequined items in my closet (I have no idea why), but I like your white on white sequins...it is a lot more subtle and daywear. I think jeans are a great way to dress down sequins, though.

Today Hilary... said...

This is one of my fave looks so far...love the scarf, should have guessed it was from Anthro

Jacinta said...

That scarf is just fantastic! Really adds something to the outfit. Love it!

www.modelmumma.blogspot.com

karen★ said...

that has always been one of my favorite tops that you showcase. i love it for the "i'm a hot mom at the park & i'm really sorry that you forgot to get dressed this morning before you brought your kiddies!" this whole outfit is perfect for mothers who are not interested in looking like "mothers". definitely one of my faves!


 

site design by kelly christine studio