Saturday, August 7, 2010

my outfit: 24/30!

30 for 30 Banner

Let's chat quickly about editing... the brilliance of having a blog is being able to edit it as you see fit. Putting the parts out there that make you feel good and keeping the others under wrap. The thing with this 30/30 Challenge is that I don't have as much editing power as I would maybe like. This outfit post should probably be on the cutting room floor... but it's GOT to be included. So here it is. Be nice.



There are a couple of things about this outfit...

1. I couldn't get ANY good pictures. It was just a bad picture day. Sometimes I only take one photo because I am rushed... but for this outfit I actually took several and this is the most decent I could find.

2. I like (really like!) all of the components of this outfit. I like them all very much.

3. Put all of these components together and I am not loving the look. Hmmmpff.

Such is life... nothing is perfect. How would you switch up this outfit... I have some ideas, curious to hear yours!

Details:
Top, JCrew (similar)
Black Skinnies, courtesy of TULLE
Belt, Gap (similar)
Necklace, Mandy's Yellow Corner
Sandals, Target (similar)

14 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't see anything wrong with it - I honestly really like it a lot!

I'd maybe try the top with a denim skirt or white cropped pants. Yellow shoes.

Dobbygirl said...

No belt or necklace and just some bangles instead, maybe? It's cute no matter what - that top is fabulous! Hope you are having a great vacation!!!

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

I like it! I would roll the jeans up just a tiny little bit, thou - more summery! and balanced..

Em said...

I like it! Yay for Mandy's necklace!

Liz said...

I agree with you, all the elements are fabulous but I think they're fighting for attention. I think you have to choose either the necklace or the tank. I wouldn't wear the belt and cuff the jeans a bit so you see more leg. It's a really cute theme though!

Angeline said...

Definitely great items. I love the necklace with the embellished top and belt. Maybe a little simpler of a shoe, a flip flop or more open sandal?

Team Botanical said...

Love the necklace, but for this, maybe no necklace? And wedges?

Sarah Lenhart said...

I LOVE the necklace but if you "edited" it away from this outfit, it would probably feel a little better. But that's just me...

Andrea said...

I'm with Team Botanical and Sarah - no necklace (even though it is so stinkin adorable!). With the detail on the top you can simplify everywhere else. This would also look really cute with a boyfriend blazer and heels, but then again I am in a Fall mood since it is raining here in Seattle today!

Olusola said...

The colors and pieces work. Only thing I would do to change the look is try tucking in the top to elongate your lower half. That may be nice.

Sturgmom said...

I actually like the necklace with the top even though the top has the ruffle detail.

I think that the colors are too brkoken up- silver black silver black silver. Even though the shoes are AWE.SOME, I might do the same outfit with black shoes, which would really make the necklace POP. Or, like Melissa said, yellow shoes.

Jacinta said...

They're all great pieces, but you're right, doesn't quite work all together.
Lose the belt and necklace. Roll up the pants a bit too and I think it would rock.
Or change the shoes as well to something simple so that the top is the feature. :)

http://modelmumma.blogspot.com

karen★ said...

oh my gracious, how long have i been away? i love this shirt, & the necklace goes perfect! the picture looks great! if this is the one you got that you don't 100% like, i would loooove to see the other ones. i really like it. maybe you were just ready to wear something completely new that day & you didn't feel all that great. BUT you look great & it shows in the picture!

karen★ said...

I had to go back and look at it again, and I understand the necklace & shirt fighting for attention, but I really like it. I think it has that sort of flair to it that a truly confident person would wear out. I'm glad you didn't roll up the legs, I like them just like that. Forget it. I stick by my other comment. I like it all.


 

site design by kelly christine studio