Wednesday, July 14, 2010

my outfit: cargos & repeats!

Oh, ha... this scarf again!?!? In the middle of July??? It really is lightweight, but the A/C has been getting to me lately... so, never mind that it's 500% humidity outside. I donned a scarf. The same one I have been wearing for a few outfit photos now. Oh well, this is reality peeps.

I've had people ask if there is a method to how I get dressed or how many combos I try before I get it right. I have no method or secrets. I shoot from the hip and then go with it. I've said it before, but usually I wear a combo of something I just wore (see: repeat of zebra scarf) and something that I know I will feel great in (see: white t-shirt). Clothing selections seem to be more emotional than anything else. I want to feel good inside my skin and look good outside. That's my method I suppose.



I love these cargo pants... the unfortunate part is that I bought this pair that is more wide leg or boot cut like 2.5 milliseconds before cargos went all "skinny". Rats. I'm seriously contemplating bringing them to the tailor to have them "skinnied" up a bit. It would also be cool to have zippers put at the ankle, no? Hmmm... maybe it's worth just buying a new pair. I'll have to further contemplate this.



This next photo is for Karen, she said she wouldn't mind seeing the chaos behind my photos... of course, after I was done taking my outfit photos, the kids wanted in on the action...



There you have it... my little blonde bed-headed lovers with chiclet teeth.

[ps, some of you may be stopping by from Kendi Everyday's blog for the 30/30 challenge... I keep meaning to get on that. I feel bad! I DO have intentions in doing the challenge... soon!]

Details:
Scarf, Cost Plus World Market (similar)
T-Shirt, Target
Cargos, Old Navy (I wish mine were THESE)
Sandals, Target (similar, similar, LOVE THESE!)
Purse, Matt & Nat (same style in grey, I got mine on GILT for way cheaper!)

 

site design by kiki co.