Saturday, July 24, 2010

my outfit: 10/30!

30 for 30 Banner

Sometimes you just need a "day"... a "mental health" day, a "mom's day off" day... just a DAY. To do nothing, to accomplish nothing, to scratch nothing off your to-do list and to be completely fine with it all. This is me, on that day. But the 30/30 challenge blazes on... so outfit photos get to record this day.



These pictures are me with a shower... only a touch of make-up and hair still wet. I did clean one bathroom and did the grocery shopping, but other than that I hardly touched the computer or much else. If you know me, this is highly unlike me... I have to practically FORCE myself to get some downtime. But I knew I needed it, I felt empty and tired and like a cold was coming on. I just loafed and lounged. It was glorious.



How do you get down time? I love to read to unwind... you?

Details:
Striped Top, Forever 21 (similar)
Jeans Shorts, DIY of an old pair (similar)

6 comments:

Couture and Crayons said...

Amen for "Me" time. I've been eyeing that top from F21, but I feel I have so many striped tops. Looks super cute on you. =)

Janice (Couture and Crayons)

angeline said...

Love the sweater! Looks so comfy. I set aside a few nights a week when I just don't plan anything and just loaf (it might seem excessive but work is exhausting!). And usually Sunday afternoons. It helps that I blog on weekends and schedule things to post. And that I don't have kids and only have a 700 sf apartment.

Melissa said...

What's "me" time? :)

I already hate the fact that I have to work full-time (outside the home), so when I'm not working, my time is spent with my daughter. I don't usually ask my parent's to baby-sit so my husband and I can go out, because I don't want to give up time with my girl.

If I worked from home or didn't have to work, I would probably do a whole lotta reading or watching tv or just NOTHING every now and then while the grandparents watch the baby!

dear kate said...

movie watching. i love netflix! ha! but i totally make up for it with how many books i read :)
katie

karen★ said...

I'm still in bed, so I think I'll get up & wear this exact outfit. It's nice to lounge and do nothing and that's exactly what I'll be doing today.

Unwinding for me = sushi with seth OR (since that doesn't happen too often) reading & making things that no one else will ever see!

Julia*Mieko said...

I still can't get over this sweater. Want!


 

site design by kelly christine studio