Tuesday, June 29, 2010

red, white and blue week...

I'm not a huge seasonal "decorator" - maybe for the exception of Christmas (of course) and I like to put out a few fall themed items as well. I always think that someday I will be better at it when the kids are bigger and I have more time and energy to not only hunt down the seasonal stuff (which I love oggling over at Target and the likes!) and when I have more room to store seasonal decor!

I just LOVE the idea of putting out throw pillows as the season dictates... maybe that is the perfect place to start! Any of these throw pillows would be a blast to have on the sofa for July and August. Not only are they fun and summery, but add a perfect patriotic nod as well!

Flag Lumar Pillow, Pottery Barn, $35


Nautical Pillow Cover, Restoration Hardware, $19


Thomaspaul Octopus Pillow, 2Modern, $80


Sail Pillow, Wisteria, $89


Thomaspaul Lobster Pillow, Design Public, $80


Coral Reef Pillow, Bed Bath & Beyond, $39.99

Do you like to decorate for the holidays and seasons?

4 comments:

Maria said...

Love all these pillows, octapus guy is my favorite!

Angie said...

I agree with Maria! Octopus was my fav!! ;)

M.O.T.B said...

They are so ridiculously priced, maybe I should try to make the flag one???

Maggie Rose said...

I don't really decorate seasonally but I've always wanted to! It does get expensive though.

The most I'll do is switch out things like some candles, put out more throw blankets in fall & winter, our bedding changes to flannel sheets. Floral arrangements in seasnal flowers make a big difference too, or I'll add some little pumpkins during the fall or Christmas decorations during the winter.


 

site design by kelly christine studio