Wednesday, May 12, 2010

my outfit: maxi dress!

I am absolutely in love with this dress. It's adorable and it literally feels like I have my pajamas on when I wear it. So comfortable! I definitely plan on spending some serious time in it this summer.

The other thing I love about it is that it virtually a blank slate for styling... here I had fun pairing it with a bold vintage scarf and a jean jacket.

But it also looked great with just a funky necklace and out of this world wedges.

Am I the only one sporting second day hair a lot more now that the weather is warming up a bit? Seems like a waste to shower and do my hair the days it's so sunny out!

I need some of that spray shampoo - do any of you have a brand you love? Let me know... Any who, do you gals have a favorite here? Scarf or necklace?

Dress, Old Navy
Jean Jacket, Gap (similar)
Scarf, Thrifted/Vintage (similar)
Sandals, Forever 21 (similar)
Bangle, Forever 21 (similar)
Necklace, Estate Sale (similar)
Wedges, Cynthia Vincent for Target
Bangles, Forever 21 (similar)


The VanderPloeg's said...

I am partial to the necklace. It seems more "you" to me. But the scarf is certainly way cute - especially with the jean jacket on these cooler spring days we are having! I think I will need a maxi dress as well!!

Erika F ~Tiptoe~ said...

i love a simple maxi ~ and then pairing it up with different things ~ perfection!! .. keep up the cute outfits!


Elle Sees said...

I'm short, 5'5, so would I look ridiculous in a maxi dress?

I've heard goold ole PSSST! dry shampoo is the best. I've tried Oscar Blandi and it didn't do well on my dark hair.

PS~Erin said...

I like both... I would have never thought to do the scarf, but I really like it.

Sporting 2nd day hair over here today: A little baby powder and then tresseme (sp?) refreshing spray and a few seconds of blow dryer. Not super, but I've just got laundry and taking the little guy to the park on the agenda.

b.a. said...

oh man, every-other-day is second-day-hair 'round here! baby powder is great but probably not for brunettes. tresemme has a dry shampoo spray that i just found. it's inexpensive and i think it works great!

Nessa said...

I was using an expensive dry shampoo Ojon brand... it works great - but I just tried Tresemme's version and for $3 you can 't beat it. I have only used it twice now - but I am really happy with it. They also have a version for curly hair - which I love for when I leave my hair wavy.

You can get a coupon from Tresemme to buy one get one free.

Love the dress - especially with the scarf - just more unexpected.

The Felch's said...

Both are adorable but I'm partial to the necklace...

I've used Bedhead, which I liked, as well as the Oscar Blandi. I liked the smell of the Bedhead better. Also, I have blonde hair so that may make a difference. I've also been known to use baby powder, but again I think that may work better for blondes!

Erin said...

I love both looks! I plan on wearing my maxi dress with my Cynthia Vincent wedges too--love them!

jenny said...

necklace! i love your simplicity!

Dobbygirl said...

I need to get a maxi-dress for sure - I love the necklace! I haven't washed my hair every day in years. My poofy naturally curly hair can't deal - I go 2-3 days depending on the time of year. And no, it don't stink - LOL! Though I may need to get some of that Tresemme stuff (esp. with coupon)!

Kimberly said...

I bought a black maxi a couple of weeks ago and have worn it easily 4 time already layered over and under in all sorts of ways!

I especially love the scarf and red bracelet - add such a great pop of color!

As for shampoo, I have heard good things about Pssst but have never used it. I have some Salon Grafix (comes in tones to match your hair color) from Ulta that works well.

Heather said...

I have tried pretty much all of the dry shampoos at Sephora, but they are all expensive and don't last very long for the money. I found that Sally has Batiste brand dry shampoo - it is around $7, and it smells better than the others too. I haven't had any luck finding any at drugstores, though.

Terra said...

I applaud you for helping us save money while looking stylish.

karen★ said...

Love love love! I have an issue with maxis though...I'm 5'7 so I can never find one that I can wear with heels...if you ever hear about one for those of us who loooove a hot pair of wedges now & then, please let me know. Until then, I will wear a lovely pair of flat sandals.
Scarf for cooler spring days...Necklace for July!
I love Frederic Fekkai Au Naturel. (you can get it at Sephora.)

Jennifer said...

Scarf :) Love the dress on you.

thirtynothing said...

For some reason my prior comment didn't post, but definitely try out Psssssst. I picked it up curiously at a drug store almost three years ago and have been addicted ever since. It's usually about $5 and works like a dream. I've tried Oscar Blandi and Bumble and Bumble versions and they cost a lot more and just don't perform close to as well as this!

Kate Hollis said...

Pssst is the best and most economical. I love it during the summer. Who wants to spend forever under that hot blow dryer? I've tried more expensive brands from Sephora and wasn't impressed. Give me some Psssst from Walgreens anyday!

Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

i love the maxi dress! such a great throw-on-last-minute piece. cute idea to add the scarf!


site design by kelly christine studio