Thursday, May 27, 2010

espadrilles, espadrilles! (part II)

I loved each and every espadrille I featured in the previous post about them (here)... and decided to feature more. They are just SO dang cute. And cheap. And summery. And, did I mention, cute!?!?

Being the nerd that I am, I googled "espadrilles" - turns out the word is French from Latin origin. Pronounced "es-pe-dril" - those frenchies, they love the silent letters at the end of words! Also, they are defined as a jute or rope sole with a fabric upper. Ta-da! Your fashion lesson for the day.

For some reason the florals really draw me in... and usually I am not even much of a floral gal.


This pair isn't so "cheap" but it comes in a million of the sweetest colors you could ever want. So, yeah, I had to include them.


Wedge espadrilles in gold? Yes and yes.


These are so sweet they remind me of sorbet. Mmmmm...


Wedge, lace-around-the-ankles, peep-toe espadrille? Yes, yes and yes!


I'll take just about anything in black. Plus, I just love the top-stitch on these!

 

site design by kiki co.