Friday, May 28, 2010

empire state of mind?

Oh boy, oh boy! When a reader commented yesterday that I should put together a little Sex and the City outfits post... I just couldn't say no. (And quite frankly wondered why I didn't think of it myself!)

I am a huge SATC fan and was very, very excited to see the previews for the second movie. But when I saw that Aidan was returning, I just about had a heart attack. PITTER PATTER people!

If you are planning on attending the movie this weekend with some gal pals and need some wardrobe inspiration... I've got it for you. Although, it seems to be silly to try and even come close to the style and flair that this movie embodies. But heck, I'll try.


Are you a Miranda? Smart, sexy, a perfect mix of understated yet bold?


Or are you a Charlotte? Sophisticated, conservative and always classic?


Or more of a Carrie? Always the belle of the ball with creativity mixed with quirkiness?


Or last but not least, a Samantha? Very sexy, very smooth and very glamorous?


Have fun if you are going to see the movie! I personally can not wait to see the Aidan/Big/Carrie love triangle unfold!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, I know! I saw the preview for the first time in the movie theater, and I literally gasped out loud when it showed Aiden turn around - like in a much too loud for a movie theater way... I actually think I felt my heart stop for a second. I know this is probably sacrilegious to say... but I was never a big fan of Carrie... I always thought she was too needy/whiny/self-centered. So needless to say, I never got the whole "Big" thing, and always pined for Aiden. Just like I pined for Steve until Miranda got back together with him.

M.O.T.B said...

You are so right on the money! You did a great great great job!

Brittany said...

Two words: YOU ROCK!!! I love the post! I think you did an amazing job capturing all the girls' style and you did it in a way others can relate to. Thank you so much!!!! I saw the movie last night with friends and we dressed up and had cosmos before. We had a blast and I hope everyone who sees it has as much fun as we did. The movie is awesome! Thanks again for the inspiring post! Oh and I LOVE the summer looks book! Keep on keepin' on Jill because you're wonderful at what you do!

Move To Portugal said...

I'm so Miranda; I love that black dress.
Great Post!

Boy Crazy said...

Nice work on the outfits, girl! Very fun post to read (and view). :)

xo e.

Ambar said...

Just came back from 2 days in NYC shopping. I had a list for myself and everything! It was fab, can't wait to see the movie

Today Hilary... said...

I think you got their looks just right....

Jackie said...

Must. have. shoes. from Samantha's outfit. Gaaahhhh, I'm in love! I'm going to see it tonight & can't wait!

dear kate said...

you are so spot on with all these looks! great work.

Elle Sees said...

These are perfect representations of the characters. Love it!


 

site design by kelly christine studio