Wednesday, April 28, 2010

work it Wednesday: boat shoes

Reader, Megan, emailed me recently wanting some tips for styling some Sperry Top Sider boat shoes. If you are thinking, "wait, those? Those are so old school..." you are right. But they are back (as are so many trends from the 80's and 90's, no?). I thought this would be a perfect item to feature for my Work it Wednesday series here on the blog.

~~~

Work it Wednesday is one of the longest running series here on the blog where I feature one item in three different ways to show how a certain piece can be versatile in your wardrobe.

~~~

Norstrom is carrying boat shoes in bold patent colors and JCrew is carrying them in "exclusive" colors. If that doesn't prove they are back, I don't know what does.

But any way, back to Megan, she wanted to style them in a way that doesn't scream "Hey, I'm Nautical!" (her words, not mine... but brilliant none the less). Unless you are actually just coming from the yacht club, I'm betting you don't want to look like you just came from the yacht club. Although - then again, maybe some of y'all do. I'm not going to offend any one, so I will stop here.

Let's just do it up with the shoes, shall we?

It's probably safe to say that just in the mere act of putting these outfits together that I have in fact already talked myself into a pair of boat shoes. How can you say "no" to this outfit? Impossible!


This look is a great spring look... but I can invision it for fall as well. Are you with me?


Patent yellow? Resistance is futile...


Enjoy Megan... I sure hope you have snagged a pair already (or that you are not a size 6 1/2 - cuz we may have to fight for them all!)

Got a reader question for me? Email me... I try to answer them all and feature most if not all here on the blog! goodlifeforless @ gmail (you know the rest...)

 

site design by kiki co.