Tuesday, April 27, 2010

personal style, defined: special maternity issue!

Today by reader request we have a special issue of Personal Style, Defined! We will tackle a few of the styles we have featured in the past... romantic, preppy, boho and modern - all with a mother-to-be in mind! Here you will find some great maternity outfits and over at Jackie's blog, SweetiePiePumpkinNoodle, you will find nursery inspiration! Pure goodness! Let's jump in...

First up... romantic... I love this simple flowy (couldn't be anything else while pregnant, of course!) with very chic and embellished accessories. Here I am picturing this fun headband accompanying a perfect messy bun.

Next we have preppy... always a classic look - here I paired nautical stripes and Chuck Taylors and a bold watch to keep the whole look very classic and a touch academic.

If you are a flower child about to have a flower child, then this look is for you! A great flowing dress, a floppy hat and of course sandals!

Lastly, if modern is your type of style... here I've paired neutral colors with plenty of visual interest like this embellished t-shirt and feathered clutch!

Don't forget to check out Jackie's amazing nurseries... I'll be over there swooning (especially since we are done having kids)!


Jackie said...

These are all so cute! I especially love the first look. You know, I sold a bunch of my maternity clothes and baby stuff at my yard sale this weekend and was pretty sad to see it all go. We don't want more kids (at least not anytime soon) and you definitely feel a little pang of sadness at the finality of it.

Taunya said...

Oh thanks a bunch for this. I am one of those moms who after two little munchkins thought that I was done, and then this year when my baby started preK 5 days a week, I just couldn't get over the fact that I didn't think we were done having babies and now number 3 is on the way. So exciting, but I was one of those who gave all of her stuff away ages ago - so i will have fun shopping again and this is great inspiration. THANX!!!!

karen said...

All of your choices are so perfect and would make any pregnant woman feel so much prettier. Although, I have to admit that I am SO HAPPY that I will never have to wear "maternity" EVER again!


site design by kelly christine studio