Monday, March 1, 2010

good LOOK for less: EXPRESS, Gretchen!

I have a super fun good LOOK for less EXPRESS today! It's Gretchen... I'll let her tell you about herself:

At the end of April my husband and I are taking a little break from our 2 year old to enjoy some alone time lounging on the beach in Cancun before baby number 2 comes in July! Do you have any fun beach maternity suggestions? I'll be 7 months pregnant when we take our little trip. We will also be doing a little touring to some ruins and shops, etc.


I just LOVE doing maternity outfits! In part because it makes me reminisce about my own pregnancy, which I actually didn't really love all that much, but it was still such a special time of life. Taking a "baby-moon" before you give birth is a great way to unwind and reconnect with your spouse before madness hits. My husband and I did it before my daughter was born and it was a really fabulous trip!

But back to Gretchen, I wanted to pull some really simple looks that were easy to wear in the heat (which can be challenging while pregnant) - but still have her looking resort ready!

Let's be honest, the first thing that comes to mind for a pregnant lady is eating. Right?!? Here's a great day dress that will also double for a dressier number for dinner for two! I just added a few simple accessories and comfy flip flops (in gold, they look dressier!) and you are all set!
Old Navy at ShopStyle


For a day of shopping or sightseeing I selected some lightweight clothing, a large tote (for snacks and water) and comfortable walking shoes. The best way to pull together an outfit while pregnant is with great accessories. They know no size!
Old Navy at ShopStyle


And let's not forget lounging at the beach or pool. A stylish but practical suit (in sliming black!) and a little cover-up for trips to the bathroom or for refreshments!
Old Navy at ShopStyle


Enjoy your trip Gretchen!

~~~

Traveling is big this spring... right now I am working on consults for Vegas, Paris and Spain! Do you need help with your travel wardrobe for an upcoming trip? Or just a spruce up on your spring wardrobe? Here's details about my wardrobe consultation services or email me at goodlifeforless (at) gmail (dot) com!

 

site design by kiki co.