Thursday, February 11, 2010

circus inspired... (and not the brittany kind)

I am an AVID reader... this year I am actually keeping track of all the books I've read. Otherwise I read them so quick, forget I did and then, well, I don't know. But I just want to keep track of them all. So far in 2010 I have finished 6 books. Crazy, huh?

Naming a "favorite" book for me is like choosing a favorite child. Each one is so amazing in their unique ways. I absolutely LOVED Water for Elephants. It is a fairly quick read and a very intriguing look into the circus industry when the action actually took place in "big top" tents.



Then Alison at My Lil Happy Place tipped me off that a movie is in the works with this hunk as the lead (if you read the book you will know how perfect this casting will be... although I wouldn't really complain about any movie 'ole Rob Pattz is in - truth be told).



Let me know when you are done drooling. I'll wait.

~~~

Then in my internet perusings I found this amazing elephant ring... isn't it adorable and then the circus inspired fashions started spilling forth - here they all are.

Elephant Ring, Forever 21, $3.80

County Fair Dress, Anthropologie, $198

Picadilly Circus, Nails Inc, $17.85



Circus Themed Throw Pillows, Design Public, $42 each

~~~

So tell me... have you read the book? Are you digging circus themed goods? I sure am...

6 comments:

slip4 said...

I also loved Water for Elephants! And I keep a reading journal where I list all the books I read each year. I usually read 60-75 books a year so this keeps me from starting a book that I forgot I read!

Reagan said...

I though Water for Elephants was divine. RPatz as Jacob J...Mmmmmm

PS~Erin said...

I really liked this book a lot. I didn't think I would, but I really just didn't want to put it down. We should hook up on Good Reads. I'll send you an email and see if it sounds like some thing you'd like. You can keep track of your books and see what others are reading too.

The Corums said...

That was a fantastic book! It stood out as one of my favorites of all time when I started thinking of all the books I've ready.

jen v said...

Yes, i'm with Erin. You should get on good reads, you would love it! Completely agree on how fabulous Water for Elephants is-loved it.

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

So sorry I forgot to thank you for the shout-out - and do love that elephant ring!


 

site design by kelly christine studio