Thursday, January 14, 2010

2 years???

Seriously, snap your fingers and two years can pass like that (evidence: this blog!)...

Two years ago I was a working mom that was itching for something more. And without getting all crazy nostalgic, the decisions I made in 2008 were among the HARDEST of my life and two years later I realize some of the most LONG LASTING decisions of my life. Some days I am still haunted by them, dreaming of "what if"... but I am blessed by the other "what ifs" I was able to discover.

To everyone that asked questions in honor of this blogs birthday: THANK YOU! And now the moment you have all been waiting for... me blabbering on for 20 minutes (I tried to keep it short, I promise!). You can hear me dish on my favorite fashion "stuff", embarrasing "mom" stuff and my take on sweat pants!

Q & A from Jill Gott-Gleason on Vimeo.



~~~

So happy birthday good life for less. This blog and it's readers mean more to me than probably a little silly website should. But I love being inspired by you all and hopefully inspiring a bit of you along the way. I have big plans for this blog and my direction in life - so it's fun to look back and realized that for all the twists and turns, it's TOTALLY worth it!

~~~
ps. here is the link to the LobotoME packing planner... but this could be used to plan weekly outfits as well if you get creative!

17 comments:

sara said...

Love listening to all the questions and answers!

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Happy blog-iversary! I loved your vlog today. Thanks for answering my question! Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see what the next two years bring. xxoo!

Jackie said...

I love your videos because it feels like I am sitting in your house chatting with you. So fun. So your embarrassing mom moment was hilarious. Where do kids come up with the crap they say? One time Natalie told the cashier at the checkout lane that I am an awful mom because I never let her buy candy at the store and that I was being cranky. I give that girl candy all the time! Jeesh. I really got a lot of good tips from this too, like trying on jeans in the store and then waiting for them to go on sale online. Love that tip-great idea! Happy two year blogiversary! xoxo

Taunya said...

Happy bloggy birthday! This blog has influencedany an outfit. So thank you!!

Jess said...

Congrats on 2 years!

Kotori said...

Happy Blog Birthday! So enjoyed the video - love the stories and tips (especially about waiting for the jeans to go online... genius!).

I do LOVE your blog and find it to be a source of inspiration. I feel continually pushed by your to break out of my box and feel like my outfits have improved through reading your blog.

Kate @ That's What Living Is To Me said...

Congrats on the blog-versary! And thanks for answering my question.

jen v said...

Really enjoyed your video! It was great to "see" you. I like your point on the yoga pants. I feel that way about myself if I don't do my makeup or hair. Agree with the comments about trying on jeans to know what style you look best in-it would be hard for me to patiently wait to find them online! Thanks for all you do; always look forward to your posts.

Cara said...

Happy birthday to good life for less! Your blog is one of my daily must reads! I loved the video! Thanks so much for answering my (multiple) questions. That made my day! Keep up all the fabulous work! :)

Elena said...

Great interview! But you poor thing with the weather! Move to Florida...although even these days we've got some cold weather, too.

deyoungsters said...

I loved your video... it felt like I got to meet and chat with you! your blog is awesome... happy birthday!

paula said...

you are gorgeous. I am a designer jeans girl. they just fit better. also that means I only have a few pair of jeans. Hudson's are my new fave's.

paula said...

Oh, and happy anniversary. two years wow.

Dobbygirl said...

Loved the video! And thanks for answering my question! I'm slowly weeding out the yoga/sweatpants and forcing myself to wear actual clothes. It really does make you feel better, even if you aren't going to leave the house that day. Keep up the great work!

Boy Crazy said...

Happy bloggy birthday, my friend. So glad that we have reconnected through this. Honestly.

xo elizabeth

PS~Erin said...

Love your first little "what if" paragraph.

Happy 2 years! You've created a great place! And you are inspiring to keep growing and reinventing.

Laura said...

Hi! I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet 'cause I'm at work, but thanks for the Dress Me planner!! I just went on vacation and packed "light and right", and I would love to feel that way on a daily basis. I will definitely be using this on a weekly basis to help me organize and streamline my wardrobe. Great blog! I read it often.
Thanks!!


 

site design by kelly christine studio