Tuesday, December 8, 2009

my outfit: SNOW DAY!

We FINALLY got some snow here... December 4 is quite late in the year for a first snow! But when it came, it came with a vengeance! We got about a foot of snow in less than 24 hours - so of course there was no school and lots of playing!

I knew I would need an outfit that was comfy and warm! I love this kimono sweater for days just like this, it's oversized and cozy with a touch of chic too! And leggings are my go-to staple this season. They are comfy and black conveniently hides any unwanted curves. When I wear these my mantra is "I just worked out. I just worked out. I just worked out." Although if I had a body like my pilates instructor, my mantra would be "Oh yeah, I'm hot, oh yeah." So I am getting there... not perfect though!

Can you believe all that snow?

Snow day in with the kids, baking, play & out to dinner with the family.
Black Turtleneck Top, Gap
White Kimono Sweater, Banana Republic
Key Necklace, Forever 21
Black Leggings, Gap Body
Ugg Boots, Nordstrom


christina said...

You look GREAT! Love the sweater. We actually had frost this morning...a first in the five years I've lived here. I'm a bit embarrassed to say I'm still in my pajamas; but when I do get dressed, I'll have to find a "Frost Day" outfit. :)

Jackie said...

You should be saying "Oh yeah, I'm hot!" You always look so great, and this outfit is no exception. And look at all that snow! So jealous. You know whats funny is yesterday morning it actually snowed here for about five minutes. That is unheard of in the valley where I live. I woke Natalie up and ran her to the window, and she was like "That's it? Why isn't it all white on the ground?" I even busted out the video camera. Such different worlds we live in!

Magchunk said...

I'm with Jackie. Honey, you look fantastic. Love this outfit too. And I am amazed by the amount of snow! And so powdery!

Last winter was the first time I'd seen that much snow while not on a mountain and the city basically shut down. And it took like a week to accumulate. Quite different worlds!

corine said...

I'm envying your snow AND your outfit.

Ashley said...

Love that sweater!

Over here on the east side of Michigan, we still have no snow! I keep hearing about it, but it has not shown up yet!

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

I love these posts, Jill! Enjoy all that snow. That would shut down the City of Richmond for a good two weeks :)

jen v said...

LOVE that sweater. I am with you on the leggings. I could wear them every day. I would love to see more suggestions on tops-I would need them a little longer to cover my curves..:)

Lizzy said...

I'm so glad you chose to share your outfit with us! I hope you stayed warm! I'm currently pouting at the 3 degree weather here. Yuck. I like snow in pictures but away from by fingers and toes!

Slices of Beauty... said...

How cool is your sweater!
All that snow, coming over.


site design by kelly christine studio