Tuesday, November 17, 2009

good LOOK for less: EXPRESS, Lisa!

Today's GLFL EXPRESS is Lisa... she's a busy working mom looking to kick her wardrobe up a notch. Here's a bit of her email to me:

I am a young (28) mom with a husband and a 8 month old, and I work outside the home part time as a chemical engineer. My job is very casual, and since I work in a lab, I have to wear long pants and closed-toed shoes. I really need to turn the style up a notch! I want to look casual, fun and pulled-together. I love pieces with a vintage flare, and I think if I had time and money, my style would be an eclectic mix of fun, & funky pieces worn with causal basics. Since my kiddo is a dirty-laundry creating machine, it would be great if you could find pieces that are wash-n-wear.

Sounds good Lisa; wash-n-wear, cozy warm for the winter, vintage flair with some fun & funky mixed in! You got it!

A little dress like this is perfect for layering with tights, skinny jeans, leggings or wearing it on it's own. All of those possibilities work great with the knee-high boots and a cardigan for extra warmth and fun! Black and white stripes are all the rage these days and have a great sixties throw back flair to them. Paired with some fun earring and fun beaded bracelet and you are all set!
Forever 21 at ShopStyle

I saw this funnel neck sweater IRL at F21 recently and fell in love. It has a fun old meets new vibe to it and is comfy and cozy without sacrificing style and personality. Pair it with a slinky tank (or any top really!) and some vintage-y accessories and this is a great look for work or play!
Swell at ShopStyle

The longer cut of these tops (the cardigan and the t-shirt) are very "mom" friendly while still be stylish. They are great transition pieces for past or upcoming pregnancies and are great looking too! Add some fun boots and a plaid scarf and the look is fun and fresh and definitely ready for the cooler months.
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle


Happy Shopping Lisa! If you would like to get on the "list" for one of my good LOOK for less EXPRESS (free) consults, email me at goodlifeforless @ gmail.com - or click here for more info on my wardrobe consultation services!


paula said...

I want to wear that second outfit today!

Ashley said...

I love the pieces here, especially that black and white cardigan! Very cute!

Lizzy said...

Cute! Love those gold flats :)


site design by kelly christine studio