Monday, October 26, 2009

good LOOK for less: Jo, stay at home mom ready to bounce back!

I received an email from Jo recently (who I happen to know IRL too... fun!) wanting some help jazzing up her wardrobe a bit! Here's a bit of her note to me:

I am a stay-at-home mom. My wardrobe has never really recovered after 2 pregnancies. Most things I have are super casual and simple. Lots of tee shirts and jeans. I'd love to take things up a notch to simple yet kinda sassy. I love to wear large earrings or a big bracelet to have one outstanding accessory. I desperately need to figure out some great every day shoes in brown and black. Lastly, I need a new handbag for the winter. I need a big one that will work with my new clothes!


Jo's budget was about $250 and for that I was able to compile 13 new wardrobe items and 5 new outfits... Let's take a look at her shopping list:



For the outfits I tried to incorporate updated denim cuts and colors to keep the outfits comfy and chic all at the same time!

Adding details like ruffles is easy to do to an outfit and really brings it up a notch. Add in some funky earrings and practical but sophisticated boots and voila! Updated mom!
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle


Adding a metallic shoe can help you get out of the brown/black debate with shoes and isn't near as boring and flats are great for comfort and ease. And here is a great oversized bag in a bold color that will easily jazz up any outfit!
Forever 21 at ShopStyle


Having one of those days when you are not "feeling the skinny jeans"? Simply add a extra long top or dress and it's comfy and chic and VERY mom friendly!
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle


Thanks Jo! Happy Shopping!

~~~

Are you interested in finding out more about my wardrobe consult services... click here!

And don't forget - every Monday morning at 8 AM (EST) I will accept emails for two free consults a week!

8 comments:

pk said...

Great job, as usual! LOVE that turquoise tote (good price too!)

pk @ Room Remix

Kotori said...

That sweater dress is so fun - I love it paired with the jeans!

Magchunk said...

Fun outfits! I am also loving that turquoise tote (it's cute in the cranberry too). I'm looking for one like that, I'll have to check it out in person!

And I LOVE your new profile picture! Adorable. Your hair looks fantastic!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

What a great combination of outfits and they all mix so well together. Kathysue sent me here, she just won one of your consults. I can't wait to see what you pick out for her. Hugs, Marty

Boy Crazy said...

Love it, Jill. I'm still scared to try the skinny jeans. I tried on a pair at Old Navy yesterday, but they are too low rise. Not really digging the muffin top/dime slot combo. Any suggestions on skinnies that have more of a classic rise (as opposed to the teenager cut)?

And leggings - wear with long tops or dresses or both? Any do's or don'ts regarding length of top to wear with leggings?

Also - love your new picture! perfect for fall.

Elaine said...

These are awesome! I especially love the accessories. They totally make or break the outfit and you did great with the picks.


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

ms. less is always more said...

Thanks ladies! Such nice comments today! Wait until the first good LOOK for less EXPRESS consult goes up tomorrow! I think it turned out really well.

Elizabeth, for skinny jeans, maybe try Gap... I just got a pair (don't have them on and can't remember how the rise was) - but you are right, you def want to avoid a super low rise!

As for leggings... I always like my top/dress/mini dress/tunic to at least cover my "bum". That is what I feel most comfy with! Actually I have the same theory for skinny jeans... they only get worn with longer tops. Hope that helps!

Cara said...

Love these outfits, Jill! I really like the turquoise bag and those silver shoes. As always, I'm particularly interested in your style consults for other SAHMs! Keep up the great outfits!


 

site design by kelly christine studio