Friday, October 2, 2009

Fashion Formula: Faux Fur Vest!

Faux fur vests are HOT for the fall and winter. A la Rachel Zoe, we saw them popping up very sporadically with the high-end retailers. But as always, it doesn't take too long for the trend to reach the affordable genre. And lucky for us! (I found some great faux fur vests below... but I also saw some really great ones at Target yesterday - unfortunately I couldn't find images online for them, but DO check them out in person! I wanted to snag one myself... but remembered I already have a faux fur vest, I was almost sad I did!)

Faux fur vests follow another unspecific trend for the upcoming season that is "big on top, small on bottom". So, go billowy or fluffy on top and skinny jeans or leggings on the bottom. That is exactly what today's Fashion Formula features....

Basic Fitted Tee
(left to right: Grey Tee, White Tee, Black Tee)

Faux Fur Vest


Skinny Jeans

Will you be rockin' the faux fur vest this fall? I will be FOR SURE!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for doing this! I really think I'll go back to Kohl's and pick up the Elle vest or maybe look try on the ones you suggested! Do you think this look works better with flats or boots? Either? Thanks, Liz

Boy Crazy said...

Jill, I think I asked this before but maybe I missed your comment in response? Can *anyone* where skinny jeans, or do you think they work best with certain (less curvy) body types?

Boy Crazy said...

Ok, TOTALLY embarrassed that I wrote 'where' instead of 'wear.' Had to come correct myself. ;)

ms. less is always more said...

I think skinny jeans can DEFINITELY be worn if you are curvy! Skinny Jeans tend to have more stretch/lycra in them so that they can fit tighter on even the less curvy. But conversely this works out great for those with curves! When shopping for skinny jeans I suggest two things:
1. Check the tags to make sure they aren't 100%, but maybe more like 96% cotton and 4% lycra - this will give good stretch that will be comfortable, but still will keep it's shape well.
2. Try different stores...a couple to check first: Gap - high quality, Old Navy - trendy but still conservative fits. Target and Forever 21 (or Charlotte Russe) might be more youthful or less curvy fits but still worth a try too!

Magchunk said...

Cute combos! I like that you paired these with simple tees. Never sure what to wear any vest with, but you did well here!


 

site design by kelly christine studio