Thursday, September 24, 2009

one LAST before and after!

Whew... are you sick of glossy white makeovers yet? For the record, I am not! But here's a quick recap: glossy white floral wall hangings, glossy white table and now the makeover of the mirror frame that I recently found in the TRASH! And yes, it's glossy white...

Here was what the mirror likely looked like in it's previous life:



I found this at the antique store a couple weeks back marked $120. But mine (below) I found with the mirror cracked and in the trash down the road a bit... I took it apart and found a piece of wood hanging around the garage. My husband cut the wood to fit and drilled new holes to attach the frame to the wood. What a guy!




Next up... white spray paint for the frame and chalkboard paint for the wood background. Here's a close up:



I just love the detailing!

Now it hangs as an inspiration board/meal planning board near the eating area and my desk!



(sorry for the photo quality... no sunshine here in days! :( )

I call it a "free" project... my husband adds up little odds and ends we needed (paint, chalkboard paint, screws, and his time) and prices it out at about $30... either way - it was worth it! Now it houses my current favorite Bible verse, this fall it will likely be meal plans!

6 comments:

dmoms said...

I wish you could have seen the smile that just came over my face when I opened the last picture bigger. I even pulled my husband over to look. Awesome. I love it.

Nicole said...

I would never have thought to do that with an old mirror. Great job!

And thanks to dmoms for mentioning enlarging the last picture. What a nice message for the day! And always!

christina said...

L.O.V.E.
It's beautiful! Great work. Now, can you please come spruce up my house?

Boy Crazy said...

I love it Jill! What a great idea.

Jackie said...

That is so cool that you found it in someones trash and then saw the same one for mucho dinero at the antique store. Doesn't that make you appreciate it even more? Love the octagon shape-it fits perfectly where you put it too!

Kotori said...

Love that unique shape for a chalkboard. And that it's going to be the spot for Bible verses? Love it.


 

site design by kelly christine studio