Thursday, July 30, 2009

good LOOK for less: Ruth, soon to be stylin' mom!

Ruth emailed me recently... she's my newest member of the "Dallas gals" as I affectionately refer to them! They are the gaggle of women in Dallas that are devoted GLFL fans... and for that, I love them. I should start my own fan club just to love them back! Anyway, Ruth wanted to spruce up her look and of course I was at the ready to help! Here's how she explains her style:

I am a stay-at-home mom with a 4 year old and a 6 year old. My current wardrobe is mostly (nice) t-shirts, skirts, and skorts. I have maybe one fun summer dress. I am not a big jewelry girl- my wedding ring and a seiko is it for me most days. I might do a necklace and earrings for date night. I spend my days playing with my kids- at home and out and about, running errands, and volunteering at their schools. I would like some comfortable, easy-to-put-together outfits for daily life and maybe something to spice up nights out (with hubby or friends).

With Ruth's budget of $300 - $400 I put together a super-fab, yet super-easy shopping list consisting of 17 new wardrobe pieces:

With all of these great mix and match pieces I was able to mix and match my way to 10 (ten!) different outfits as well... here's a few of my favorites!

When Ruth mentioned she's not high on accessories like jewelry I had to come up with another way to add pizzazz to her look. The easiest way? Color. I mixed and matched bold colors like this yellow with neutral basics like the jeans and a grey v-neck. Then the silver accessories give a little bit of sparkle!
Old Navy at ShopStyle

Here a fun and punchy floral top does all the work while simple white pants and a brown blazer finish the look with sophistication. So easy!
Old Navy at ShopStyle

Who would have thought that a yellow cardigan would be so versatile? Here it is again making this outfit casual enough for running errands or perfect for meeting friends for coffee. A simple black wrap dress is so versatile and classy!
Old Navy at ShopStyle

Last I heard from Ruth she was busy doing some shopping! Enjoy Ruth and thanks for letting me work with you!


If you are interested in learning more about my wardrobe consulting services... click here! If you would like to see past clients I have worked with... click here!


PS~Erin said...

All of this will look great on Ruth... Nice job!


Fabulous selection!
Love the a pop of yellow especially with grey!

Happy Friday...sniff-sniff~smell the weekend air already!

Kotori said...

These will all look perfect on Ruth! Such a fabulous job!!

Catherine Hansen Peart said...

This is fantastic!!!! I am almost exactly like this lady (situation wise) and my wardrobe has descended into 3 prs of jeans, literally 5 tops and 2 pairs of shoes (I do have a nice bag collection though!). I am DESPERATE for ideas and I am DEVOURING your site (I may not leave this computer for awhile kids...). Thanks for sharing!


site design by kelly christine studio