Thursday, January 7, 2010

my outfit: cozy chic!

(Excuse me while I brag right quick: like my new purse? Santa must have thought I was very good this year... my dad surprised me with this gem for Christmas!)

Ever have a day you want to feel put together... but you still need to accomplish a lot and maybe get a bit dirty? I've been taking down Christmas decor and rearranging furniture and redecorating some little areas of the house here and there. This is my take on cozy chic... layers for interest (the tee's), some flair (the scarf), simple but cute shoes and jeans with plenty of stretch. (and don't you want to just reach through the screen and tuck that tag in on the scarf... gah!)



I've been reading Who, What, Wear (the book) lately. It is really great info on dressing from the runway... in reality though. One tidbit I picked up on was the suggestion to take a runway look... like neon colors... and tone it down to fit your lifestyle. That way you stay on trend, even in a tee and jeans. That is what I tried to achieve here. I highly recommend the book, by the way. I bought mine on GILT a few weeks back and even got a signed copy, what a treat!



By the way, cross-body bags are back. Kind of reminds me of junior high... but on the other hand, they are quite practical with kids.

I love my well-loved TOMS. Do tell me you have a pair!?!?

Doing "stuff"
Purse, Coach
Scarf, Old Navy
White Tee, Gap (similar)
Grey Tee, Gap (similar)
Jeans, F21
Bracelet, Marc Jacobs necklace wrapped several times (similar)
Shoes, TOMS (similar)

10 comments:

Amy said...

Cute outfit! Any advice on layering t shirts? I never seem to get it quite right. Thanks.

ms. less is always more said...

Thanks for your comment Amy! The key is to keep them form fitting and the bottom one a touch smaller than the top layer... this white tee I am wearing underneath is on the small side for me so it doesn't get too bulky!

paula said...

great outfit. so perfect for a day of "getting dirty" while still looking cute.

Little Miss Southern said...

LOVE this scarf!

PS~Erin said...

So cute. I'm going to go try to channel your style while I go get dressed. Yep, running a bit behind today.

Magchunk said...

I so want a cross-body bag but haven't found one the right size, color, and that zips closed. Most have one element or the other, but not all three. Oh, or it costs like $400 (not exactly in my budget at the moment). I'd love to be taking my laptop on my train commute. I'd get so much more done! I don't have TOMS, are they comfortable? I've seen a lot of the little Seattle hipsters wearing them (well, last summer I did).

Christen said...

Love the scarf! It looks so soft and cozy!

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

I have the same Old Navy scarf, I got it in purple and grey and then got one for my sister in black and grey. It is so comfortable!

Dobbygirl said...

I just ordered my first pair of Toms from Nordstrom with a holiday gift card. I'm excited to get them and take them on a test drive :o) Thanks for visiting my blog and following - very appreciated!

dmoms said...

love this look. i'm sporting it right now actually. i just need the scarf!


 

site design by kelly christine studio